- Published on Wednesday, 18 July 2012 11:05
- Written by The Lord Abbot of the Great Southern Land.
The Sisters of the Order of Perpetual Indulgence would like to ensure Sexpo's offer of free stalls for community health groups is taken up at next years Sexpo.
We believe this is in the long term best interests of the community in that it will assist in reducing the direct cost of care and treatment within the health budget of this state. If needed this meeting could also make a combined application to the health department for the allocation of annual funding to ensure long term sustainability of this project.
The Health Consumer's Council have agreed to facilitate a meeting of interested community groups so that safe sex and other health related messages can be provided to attendees at what is the largest Expo in Western Australia.
The Sisters would like to extend an invitation to (Invite sent to all Blood Borne Virus Agencies) to attend this meeting.
We understand that are issues with resources for some agencies that prevented attendance at this year's Sexpo and would like to come up with a multi disciplinary community based solution to prevent these barriers to participation.
The OPI feel that the education of Heterosexuals at such events will led to less discrimination of GLBTI people with HIV/AIDS and also provide the heterosexual demographic with valuable information about Health. Some points that could be put on the agenda for this meeting are as follows;
1. Priority of Heterosexual Safe Sex Education and awareness.
2. Planning a Co-ordinated inter-agency approach to Staff Resources available to engage with people at heterosexual events and discussion of strategies that could be used by staff to add value to the experience.
3. Discussion of whether Funding should be used at such events as SEXPO and perhaps employing outside agency staff if existing Staff are unable to attend including and offering a part payment for a stall to Sexpo to secure a better position at the event.
4. A joint agencies approach would mean several agencies would share the cost of attending the event cost and staffing and thus prevent the event from being a huge impost on any one agency.
5. The development of a blue print that can be used for the planning of next years event so that a continued presence can continue without the need for lobbying by members of the glbtiq community.
We would welcome the opportunity to work constructively with your group on this project and to this end we look forward to your acceptance of this invitation.
The Order of Perpetual Indulgence.
- How to Run Meetings & Forums
- Sister Mary-Jane Singlteon of the Dive Green Weed
- Does this mean that Out in Perth supports outing HIV status without consent
- Mother Freda Homewrecker from the Abbey of the Black Swan
- PL Events Working Comittee
- RRAN National Convergence to Northam Detention Centre
- The Perth Sisters would like to meet with WAAC to discuss several issues
- Zoo Club May 2013
- OPI News of the World 2013